Monday, March 23, 2009

My Yellow Brick Road

I think if I had to pick one catch phrase to sum up my journey in this life it would be that one referring to the path to a really hot place which is paved with only the best plans in mind... you know the one?!?!
My life seems to be a never ending yellow brick road. It starts off great. The plans are made, the bricks are laid evenly & shined to perfection. Then somewhere along the path, the lines get a little wonky, the spaces between the bricks get further and further apart and then next thing you know, the road has broken apart and you are asleep in a field of poppies.
I am not sure if this has to do with the fact that I am still trying to tackle projects way bigger than my britches can handle or because I am responsible for more britches than my own with two little red headed pumpkins dragging on my coat tails. Let's take this weekend for instance. I began several projects - very important timely projects for my family. Did any of them get completed?!?!? NO!
So here I am, Monday morning, another beginning to another week on this hamster wheel and I am frustrated because I am already behind on my to do list. The same to do list that recycles itself over and over again.....
I know better than to do this to myself. This is my OCD - Observant Creative Dramatic side taking over again!! Life continues to go on even if my projects are not complete. No one ASKED me to start those projects - no one else would have even noticed if I had not started those projects in the first place - BUT I DO!!
Note to self - there is no such thing as multi-tasking - just self destructive, project smashing, OCD manifesting opportunites for failure.... so stop it....uh huh, yeah... I sure will... I soon as I finish this one thing.....

No comments: