Thursday, June 09, 2005

The 1st's are over...


 Posted by Hello

The 1st's are over...
the 1st night without him,
the 1st week,
the 1st month,
the 1st Father's Day,
the 1st time I walked into his closet and could smell his cologne still on his clothes,
the 1st birthday he missed,
the 1st time I visited his grave after the funeral,
the 1st time I answered, "Really, I am okay..." and meant it,
the 1st time I heard his favorite song on the radio and cried,
the 1st Thanksgiving,
the 1st Christmas,
the 1st time I dreamt about him and he looked the way he looked before he got sick,
the 1st tax season I actually had to do my own taxes,
the 1st birthday card without his name on the card,
the 1st time my mother said, "Really, I am okay..." and I believed her...
...the 1st year is over...
To see what a great guy my dad was, visit here and click on the "play movie".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful movie. I cried.
My prayers are with your whole family.
Love & Light,
Linda