Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jimmy

Welcome to the world, sweet Jimmy!
My best friend from high school gave birth to her 1st born son today! It ripped my heart out that she was in VA and I am here in TX...she called me on the way there, shortly after her epidural and right after he was born. I have never wanted to jump through a phone more in my life. I could hear him crying in the background and I was so filled with joy I could just burst! She called me again tonight when she was feeding him for the first time, and ironically I was feeding Ben...two moms serving up the mama moo juice to our precious sons... how far we have come from high school! I could feel the bond and the electricity of the moment through the phone.
Thank you for letting me share in those precious moments, even if I was just a voice on the phone...
God Bless you,my friend... and your husband... and your precious baby boy!

No comments: