Friday, August 04, 2006

In a New York state of mind....

I am aching for the Big Apple lately..... I can't put my arms around it other than Fall is approaching and there is no better place in the Fall than NYC. Today at work, all the music que'd on my yahoo music reminds me of a cozy pub, a glass of red wine, and long coversation wearing a great turtle neck sweater, sleek boot leg black pants, and a great high heel boot. Then the next song will be from a musical from the Great White Way!
I miss New York very much. I loved the city, I loved the life. I didn't like the cost and being so far from family. And I knew I wasn't going to be able to have kids in the City and I knew I would never be able to afford to live out of the City and commute.
I know my love affair with that city is not over. My husband is a born and bred.. Brooklyn through and through. It may not be until we retire or when God blesses us with a winning lottery ticket, but I feel that I will live in that city again someday.

No comments: