Friday, April 27, 2007

Looking for a 12 step....

So I am currently looking for a 12 step program to help me with my latest addiction. I blame my best friend, Tiffanie. It is all her fault. It all started over a lunch email at work:

T: Heading out to get the boy a toddler bed
Me: How much fun, from where?
T: Oh it's one of my free thingys...
Me: (sniff sniff).... what?....(sniff).... what do you mean free thingys?.....
T: YOU KNOW...I just know I have told you about it... it is this internetthingy where rather than donate your stuff you don't want you post it online in a group and the ground rules are it has to be free....

Somewhere around here I stopped reading.... FREE.... FREE, PEOPLE.

It is called Freecycle.org and they are global. They are online communitties that are run locally in neighborhoods. The rules may vary from group to group, but the bottom line is, you offer what you don't want for free, it must be usable, it must be appropriate for all ages, you are responsible for your own safety. People offer from clothes, to toys, to dish washers, to camping equipment, to whatever....There are 4 titles: OFFER, WANT, TAKEN, RECEIVED.

It is so freaking cool!!

To date I have received some gorgeous gold sheers, 2 outdoor chaise lounges and a coffee table/end table set.....for freaking free..... it's like ebay for the poor. The offer goes out and you pray your email hits their in box first so you can win the prize.

Freecycle.org

Go.....and I'm sorry... addicts never like to be alone......

No comments: