Thursday, December 22, 2005

Stick a fork in me....

....cause I am done....
After a week of bed times at 1:30....
Forgotten cookies....
Sugar cookies....
Nestle crunch cookies....
Chocolate peppermint cookies (that ended up in the trash)....
Christmas wreath cookies....
Peanut butter rice krispie treats with chocolate drizzled on top....
Taking above cookies and putting them into containers for friends, neighbors and daycare teachers....
Shopping in aisles too small for 3 carts to get through (can you just wait... I am trying to LOOK at the toy to see if it is the right one)
Christmas CD's HAND delivered so that friends could at least enjoy it a few days before Christmas

I just can't be HER... I WANT to be her.... but I just can't... I want to be THAT mom.... I want to be THAT aunt...THAT friend...but I just can't......I am too damn tired.... this wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it would be......I am now shifting to the
"My house isn't going to be that clean, but you should be able to walk" girl
"The cookies may not be from Martha Stewart, but they taste real good with the wine and conversation" girl....
"I may not have made that from scratch, but it was MADE and heated in my home that is now covered in Christmas lights so please appreciate my garland, not my home made recipes" girl...

My door is open... Merry Christmas....I am probably taking a nap in the bedroom....

No comments: