Sunday, March 11, 2007

D-U-N

That's right people... stick a fork in me because I am done...

There is not a bone or joint in my body that does not cry out for Advil. It was an 18 hour day, but at the end of it, the new owners had a home they could eat off the floors, and everything we own was safely stacked one on top of each other in the garage of the new home. We are going to be staying with my mother for a while because we want to replace the floors and counter tops before we really move in.

I cried...and for those of you who know me, I am sure you are "so surprised" to hear that information.... but anyway.... as Mike was locking up the garage after packing the last load of our stuff, I was looking at our backyard and I just cried. I just loved that home. From the first moment I saw it, I loved it. Our friends Allison andTodd lived right around the corner, and they insisted that we go (in the middle of the night) and look through the windows at it. When we walked into it for the first time with the realtor, I knew instantly it was the one. We worked so hard on it before we moved in, and the week before the move in, we found out that I was pregnant. We brought both our baby boys home to that house. We started our family in that house.

The couple buying the house are just great. They have a 2 yr old boy. The moment she walked into the house, she knew it was the one. It was great experience.

Then when it was time to close on the new house, it just so happened that the person responsible for the closing of the old house would be the one signing for the trust of the home we were purchasing. Her parents had lived there for 30 yrs, but her father had passed and her mother now had dementia and could no longer live alone. We had a very pleasant time signing all the papers and talking. Once it was all through, I asked her if her mother was still able to understand what was going on, and she said sometimes. I asked her to please tell her that we were going to love her home as much as they did, and we thanked them for such a beautiful home. Tears started streaming down her face and she got up, came across the table and gave me the biggest hug that seemed to never end. She was weeping in my arms and said, "This was just so hard, but now I am so happy that such a a young and loving couple were going to raise their family in this home." ..... and of course I cried......

So yeah.... this was all meant to be..... it is just so wonderful when things happen the way they are supposed to .....

No comments: