Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Bedrest

what a joke.....

Yes, I have been placed on bed rest. I was placed on bed rest last Tuesday. Here has been my "bed rest" schedule since then.

Wednesday: slept late, went to work, came home, cleaned the kitchen, made dinner, gave my 35lb 2 yr old a bath, put him to bed kicking and screaming, made it to bed around 9:30.

Thursday: Very similar to Wednesday execept I chose a high sodium drive thru for dinner.

Friday: Worst day at work... now blood pressure has risen because I am trying to cram a 10 hr day into 4 hours, luckily I have a large stomach to blame my outbursts towards my employees on... my sister reminds me that hypertension leads to stroke & heart attack... great now I am doing a bad job at work, as a mom and as an incubator.

Saturday: Spent the day changing videos on the TV for Max in between cleaning all the new clothes for Ben and cleaning all the old stuff( baby carrier, swing, bouncy seat) and transitioning all of Max's clothes from summer to fall/winter. Beg and plead with Max to lay down and take a nap with mommy at around 3:30. Mom comes over around 7:00 so that we can prepare our annual very important meeting for work until 11:30.

Sunday: Wake up, continue laundry, clean kitchen so that Ali, the babysitter, does not think my family lives like a slob. Family goes to hospice memorial service for my dad... very hard but not ready to go there just yet here... went to dinner then came home to celebrate Max's 2 yr birthday with presents and cake... also another post... get to bed around 10:30.

Monday: Get up and get dressed because Modern Pest control supposed to be at house around 8 am. Continue working on the meeting for work until 6:00 when I then make it to the office to complete everything I could not complete at home. Got home around 10:00... in bed around 11:00.

Tuesday: Got up, Karen took me to get some new nightgowns for the hospital, went to my ultra sound.. baby is already 8 lbs and measuring 38 weeks even though I am only 35 weeks. Went to MD who now tells me ... have you been on bed rest?... Uh, huh.. sure.... Well now you are for real... you have bathroom and shower privlidges but that is about it.... Left MD to go get gifts for big meeting ... went to office to get my reports for big meeting.. went to big meeting... got home around 9:30 in bed by 10:30.

Today.... bed rest... really.... slept until 11:00... laid there until 12:00.. ate lunch... laid back down... decided I wanted to write for awhile so here I am....

C-section has been moved to December 8th, but MD also said that was being generous.. I asked if we could at least make it until December because we have too many events already for November.. I would like to spread it out just a little!

And for those of you who are asking... where is Mike??? He is here... unfortunately his work has kept him at jobs later than usual lately and that is just our dumb luck...

I am fine... I really really am... It is very hard to be put on bed rest for a condition that you cannot feel... I do not feel sick... I do not have headaches... so I feel guilty for laying around when there is so much I want to be doing because I am sick with something I do not feel...

I think this is going to be very boring for the next few weeks so I am sure I will be posting a lot more...

1 comment:

Shooter said...

Think of it as a mini-vacation. Watch TV, read a book, write, read blogs. Just keep your butt in bed! Jasmine here. Sorry, want you to have a healthy baby and momma.