Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Being exposed....

In about an hour and a half, total strangers will walk into my home and look at every crack and crevice looking for bad things that we didn't take care of or neglected.

Now I am perfectly aware that this is not the sole pupose of a home inspection for the house we currently own, but that is the way that I feel. I feel like people I do not know are coming in to look at my dirty laundry and judge me. I live in a world of very well kept facades.... the outside of the drawers look perfectly acceptable, but don't you dare open them, because who knows what will spring out at you like a jack-in-the-box.

This is something I want to change... this is something that I do not want to bring into my new home, my new life, my new me. I want to purge. I want to let go. I want to use my energy towards a forward momentum not covering up or cleaning past mistakes or laziness.

No comments: