Monday, January 29, 2007

Sorry to leave you hanging....

... but they left us hanging until just this morning. So after all of that, 4 hours and almost a week of waiting, they are basically asking for nothing. There are some minor issues that they would rather get cash at closing (about$1000), but they still want the house! Huge sigh of relief. The night of the inspection I was picking up the house and walking around looking for 4 hours worth of issues, and nothing was coming up, so I let it go, and distracted myself until I heard from my realtor.

Now on to the house that we want to buy. There were some big issues, completely fixable, but more than likely pretty costly. The downstairs heating and cooling did not work at all and the pool mechanics were not properly elevated/grounded for safety. There were more little things, but no deal breakers and nothing that would make us walk away from the house. We are meeting with the realtor tonight to go over the inspection report item by item with our must have fixed, would like to have fixed, and will live without being fixed and fix on our own. I am pretty sure that we are going to press the issue that we want them to fix it, rather than give us money, because we only have 48 hours to leave our home once we take possession of the new home, and I am not moving into a house with no air conditioning.....

So the next 4 weeks are going to include:

Packing my home up
Making arrangements for the move
Looking into getting new floors and counter tops in the new house
Going to school on Saturdays and 1 weeknight
Studying for the theatre content exam which is scheduled for Feb 24th

And well everything else I do on a daily basis....

... once again.... I just don't do anything easy.....(but I like it that way)....

No comments: