Friday, February 01, 2008

Seriously, Universe?!?!?!?

There is nothing like a practical joke from God to kick start your morning.....

So I am running late this morning because I was packing for a weekend trip we will be taking. I get everything organized and we are off to school and work. I have to run a few errands prior to heading to work, like oil change, inspection done, get car washed, gas up, yadda yadda yadda....

I am BLOCKS from the place where I get my oil changed and inspection done and what do I see in my rear view mirror?!?!? Flashing lights! WTF?!?!?! I am NOT speeding! I am the queen of school zones and purposely slow down even more to slow the bastards that try to speed through zones... I KNOW he is not coming after ME!!!!!

Is there a problem officer?
Yes, ma'm.. you have an expired inspection sticker.
(are you serious?!?!?) Officer... I promise you I am heading to the corner of (X) and (Y) to the Kwik oil change place... we are heading out of town and I am going RIGHT NOW to take care of this...(panic look to the backseat at the kids) We are going on a trip, right guys?!?!
Max: Yes, sir, we are going to see Grandma and Grandpa Tula.....
Officer, I would not have my 5 yr old and 3 yr old lie about this.
Yes, Ma'm.... let me see your license and proof of insurance.
(CRAP CRAP CRAP...WHY IS HE GIVING ME A TICKET FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?)

He is gone, what seems like forever, and the next thing you know his partner is getting out of the car and walking around my car. Seriously, WTF?!?!? I see her glance towards the registration and nod to the officer in approval and she heads back to the car. He comes up and gives me a warning.

Thank you, sir.... thank you, thank you, thank you.....you can follow me right now if you want...
That won't be necessary, ma'm.

No comments: