Friday, October 01, 2004

October 1st

I just love the Fall! And to me October 1st is the beginning of Fall. October 1st is like getting on a roller coaster in our house. It starts with my husband creating a spooky haunted house of our home for Halloween, his absolute favorite holiday of the year. I love decorating for holidays because it is almost like a mini vacation. You get to transform your home into something different if only for a little while.

Shortly after Halloween, we have Max's birthday, followed by our wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, the arrival of our new bundle of joy, and then Christmas! By the time next year comes, I will have this woozy post roller coaster feeling and look forward to sitting on my coach and vegging out for a while!

This is also the time of year I miss New York the most. It was around this time that things really started getting cooler and you got to take out all your comfy cold weather clothes. For some reason you always had the energy to meet up for drinks after work and wind down. We don't get to do that here.... the fact that we all have families now is definitely a major factor. But night life is a lot more tangible there than it is here.... you would go out with your work friends to a local restaurant or bar before getting on the subway, or you would meet up with your neighborhood friends before heading home. Once I am home, I am home... But if you can entice me prior to getting there, it is hard to get me to say goodnight.

Fall means friends to me... events with friends, friends coming into town for a holiday visit, shopping with friends, gossiping about events and shopping with friends...

HAPPY FALL!!!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Even I am ready for cool weather, and you know how much I love the summer. By the way, where is Meadows wherever Texas? Have you moved?