Monday, December 06, 2004

The family expansion countdown

Yes... It really is 2 o'clock in the morning and I am up...

Yes... I already wrote this damn blog once today, probably more eloquant and witty than it will be now...

Yes... I am tired but I cannot seem to sleep...

So three days until our little corner of the universe expands from 3 to 4. I really cannot believe it! I spend a lot of time projecting into the future and not living in the moment. My work schedule requires me to project 60 days in advance and review 60 days prior at any time, so I always catch myself thinking, when this 60 days is up, I will be yada yada... or I remember when I started this patient thinking yada yada.. but bed rest has definitely allowed me to be immersed, pleasant or not, in the present.
I can honestly say that we (the collective Ben & I) are ready. We are no longer comfortable awake, asleep, resting, going, reading, watching TV. Today Mike watched the WWF match in my stomache as Ben tried to see if his current boundaries were really as strict as my twisting facial pains announced them to be... I know I should get used to this as this will be our parent child struggle for the rest of my life.
Max has taken full advantage of his only child status for the final weekend. He started throwing up and running a 102+ temp on Friday night. I called the on-call MD in a panic thinking, "great we are going to have the stomache flu right before bringing a new life into the world", but she assured me that it was probably just mucas from a bad upper respiratory or ear infection. Mike took Max in on Saturday and confirmed it was just bad sinusitis, so we have spent the majority of the weekend snuggling on the couch and watching movies.

A quick thank you to my loving husband, Mike. My cleaning "nesting instinct" has really been a bug up his butt lately... I start nesting... decide I can't finish it... then pout until he finishes it... thank you... I love you, Ta Ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BITE MY BUTT