Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ben Update!

Thanks for all the good thoughts concerning Ben. He is doing much better! On Tuesday afternoon he started sounding like an old man with emphysema, rattling and wheezing away. We went to the MD yesterday and she didn't like the improvement so she prescribed steroids. After telling me the long list of side effects (stunted growth, immuno deficiencies, onset diabetes) I started to freak out a little, but she assured me that these were related to long term use and she was only prescribing it for 5 days. She also told me good luck trying to get it down him because it tastes awful and he is going to hate it and you have no choice but to gag it down him! How much fun!! She said she was going to give me double the amount needed because the majority of it is going to end up on his clothes! So far I have the advantage of being the adult and him the helpless infant, but you would be amazed at how strong 11 week old arms are! I had every intention of taking Ben to work with me yesterday, but my mother called and said that a nurse had been up at the office late on Tuesday when she started throwing up violently.. so much so her daughter had to come rescue her because she couldn't drive home. I decided I was not a strong enough woman to add the stomach flu to Ben's list of ailments so we are still home.
The Prince is calling (wheeze, hack)... time for another breathing treatment!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

As awful as that sounds, it still has to be better than what you had to do for the cat you had in NY