Sunday, February 20, 2005

I miss you already!

So I have this ritual with my sons. It started with Max a long time ago. Every time we are parted for a while (daycare, nighttime, etc) I always told him, "I love you, I'll see you later, I miss you already". I know these parting words are more of a comfort to me than Max & Ben, but this week they hit my heart a little harder. Every morning at daycare as I spoke these words I really really meant it... I miss you already!
I never thought that I could be the type of woman to be a stay at home mom. I just didn't think I had the patience or the inspiration to keep small children and their little minds occupied and growing. But when Mike was a way for 2 weeks, me and the boys really found our groove. Don't get me wrong... I had my moments when I felt trapped inside the walls of this house, but that was when I called the "village" of friends and family to go for a visit.
I really had fun with my little men. Everyday I saw changes in both of them that kept me in awe. I had fun hiding in our tent of balls, or running around the house flying like Buzz Lightyear! There are just very few opportunities to do that at work!
I know that I have made the choice to work. We live a 2 person income type of life. I just had fun the past 9 weeks. And even though I have only been back at work for a week, I miss them already!

No comments: