Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Life Under the Rock

....my goodness life sucks here under the rock...
The rock being work, life, laundry...clean, but still piled high on my bed waiting to be folded. My dear loving husband thinks that doing laundry means taking the piles (which I already sorted and put into individual laundry baskets) and transferring them from on machine to machine and then placing back into basket. It is then my responsibility to fold and put away. I play this game with myself that if I pile it on our bed, I must fold it before I go to sleep....(what a joke!)...
Any way... life is has been put into over drive lately so here is the re-cap from the passing lane....
-last week spent a lot of time at work trying to plan the company's 10th anniversary party for my mother and her partner... I had to schmooze a bunch of vendors into sponsoring this function. I hate asking people for anything, which is why I could never be a salesman... this on top of trying to do my work and keep the luncheon a secret was very exhausting.
-Friday we spent visiting with friends. Drew and Gavin, (friends from life in New York)surprised us with a visit. I had not seen them in 3 years! It was wild because two of my worlds came crashing into one another... my drinking, cursing stay up all night New York life met my mommy & me life. I miss those guys so much... I just hugged them and breathed in the lovely New York smell from their clothes! I made Gavin start his own blog....I hope he keeps up with it! Another life I can live vicariously through blog!
-Saturday we took a quick 4 hour trip down to Corpus Christi, TX for my grandfather's 89th birthday then came back the next day. My boys were such troopers! 8 hours in a car is a lot top ask of a 2 yr old and a 3 month old! The next day, Ben flipped out the moment I put him into is car seat.. I had to keep reassuring him that it was only a 5 minute trip to school, not another 4 hour trip in bondage...
... well this sucks... that is pretty much it... it reads like I barely did anything, but I am freaking exhausted, and I swear it required way more energy to live than it did to re-cap.
...I am crawling back under the rock until I become interesting again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woman, you never fail to be interesting! Maybe we should have a NY weekend party. So we might not be able to go to NYC, but we can throw one hell of a party!