Friday, February 27, 2009

My 500th post



I have spilled my guts 500 times here.



I have shared (probably way too much some times) my thoughts, dreams, frustrations, funny stories, struggles, and random thoughts 500 times in the past 4 years, 4 months & 27 days.
I have written about my father's death, having a baby, weight issues, motherhood, family, friendship, moving, politics, memories, going in and out of deep dark caves of downer-hood (more than once) and re-emerging on the other side.



I know I have said this more than once - because I do tend to repeat myself - but this is probably the most therapeutic accomplishment I have ever had. I cannot say that I have ever kept up with something, a hobby or activity, as long as I have been attached to this blog. This is my "quilting", this is my "scrap booking", this is my "fantasy baseball", this is my "Beenie Baby Collection". I love it. I just love it. I find myself coming across moments in my life when the very first thing I do is think - oh this is soooo going on the blog. My husband will often smirk and wise crack - "I am gonna see this on your blog aren't I?" after something has literally brought us laughing to tears.



And I am so thankful it is here. I have gone back in my archives, looking for a date or something, and I will find myself caught up reading events that happened and I am laughing & crying all over again. And this stuff is only 4 years old.. I CANNOT IMAGINE how precious these memories will be 10, 20, 30 years from now. These stories and entries spark more memories and emotions than even still photos could.

So thank you to all of you who have come by here to read and comment ( or not comment you cheeky monkey lurkers - and you know who you are) and just support this blah blah blahging journey.

Happy 500th post to ME!!!

No comments: