Wednesday, March 04, 2009

You've got to REALLY want it....



So as you may have seen below - one of my very dear friends, Kyle, and I are auditioning for the biggest loser. I would like to share with you how we came to this decision in a later post, but right now I want to discuss that nagging, tired, evil feeling that crushes momentum. Those ridiculous obstacles that pop up like brick walls on the freeway when you are going 70 miles an hour.

Do you know that feeling?

I used to be a robot and smash through obstacles like that. I used to laugh at the idea of something slowing me down. Then somewhere along the line, I would get mad at the walls. HOW DARE YOU POP UP HERE?!?!? Don't you know who I AM??? Then when the walls wouldn't talk back or wouldn't move and I got too tired to smash through them. I would silently give up, turn on my blinker and take a side street to avoid confrontation.

Not this time, baby!! I will tell you, those pesky little details are slamming on my brakes, and while frustrated, Kyle and I are slowing down, re-grouping and powering on ahead - cameras not working, DVD's not formatted right, batteries dying, horrible anticipation of cattle call lines - nope - putting the blinders on and charging ahead.

In all my emails back and forth with him as we planned this I would start and end with the same phrase - I am still serious.... and I am ...serious.

No comments: