Friday, October 23, 2009

Are you watching?

WELL, YOU SHOULD BE!!

Have you re-named Wednesday, "Gleeday"?

WELL, YOU SHOULD, BECAUSE ALL THE COOL KIDS HAVE!

Do you like slurpee?

DO YOU DRINK IT OR WEAR IT?

People, people, people...... If you have no clue what I am talking about, I mourn for you, really I do. Because you are currently missing out on one of the best "mid week, hump day, get you through to the weekend" night of pure comedy and entertainment. I am talking about:





Yes.... Glee - it is so wonderful. Anything that can take the music of Neil Diamond, Sisqo, and Lerner & Lowe and make a night of singing joy has to be okay with me. Each week, I think - there is no way they can keep this up - and yet - another week - another night of happiness. The concept - great. The writing - adorable. The acting - superb.

For those of you who need catching up - Glee takes place in a current day high school - just your basic, run of the mill, nothing exceptional high school. They don't have the greatest anything - except of course the Cheerios - which is the national winning cheer leading squad who cheers for the worst football team in the district - but I digress. The Spanish teacher - who used to go to the school -decides to bring the Glee club back to the glory days of when HE went to this same high school. The only people who join are basically the rejects of the school - the ones that probably got shunned from the Chess club for not being Chess-y enough.

Anyway - this mismatched group of American Idol wanna-be's form a bond that anyone would be jealous of. And they sing - a lot - and really really well. Like so well, that I have found myself going - "Dude - I didn't know those were the lyrics of that song!!" And they always seem to have the greatest twist on every song - a unique flair that makes you fall in love with the song all over again - because by the way - THEY USE ALL THESE SONGS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW AND LOVE!!! It is like a karaoke wet dream!

People - please - start watching this show.... you have to... you just have to ...

... and that is how I "C" it......

No comments: