Friday, October 10, 2008

Happiness....

....thy name is Thursday night.

I have made a deal with my husband since we started dating.... I won't question what you do on Thursday night as long as you don't interrupt my TV shows. Thursday night has been MY TV night for .... well... I can remember the excitement of Thursday TV night all the way back to the Cosby Show and Cheers. Dinner will be made, the kitchen will be cleaned, but after that, I lock myself into our TV room and all requests, boos - boos, and night time rituals belong to daddy. And my kids know this. They know when they walk past the french doors to the TV room and they are closed and mommy is all snuggly in her chair with a blanket, the remote in her lap, don't dare come a knockin unless the house is on fire... and like fire, fire, like we should all get out fire.

Well.... with the invention of the DVR... Thursday night has exploded into absolute heaven. Because, I can now watch more shows in less time. An hour show is gone in 40 minutes. So now, I will purposely DVR all shows just to zoom past the commercials. I start my Thursday night catching up with Wednesday's Dirty Sexy Darlings...

then I can move into Grey's

and ER.

I shook things up a bit last night with Kath and Kim,
and I think they are gonna have to be squeezed into the mix, but it is going to be hard since Eli Stone starts next week...
and how can you pass up a show that includes fantasy musical numbers to George Michael while still giving you great drama....you just can't people.

I know shutting my family out and throwing things at the door when they try to interrupt isn't exactly motherly, but I make it up to them... Friday night is Family Pizza and Movie night....

No comments: