Saturday, April 12, 2008

Their VERY FIRST Camp Out!!

Not since Lewis and Clarke set out across the great unknown has their been so much excitement, planning, preparation, & anticipation.



A young man's first camp out is very important..pivotal, if you must, in the development of their relationship with nature. My husband - though he grew up in the hard knocks of Brooklyn - worshiped his adventures in the outdoors camping so much, that his first adult job was as a caretaker at a summer camp.



My husband has talked about taking his kids - note I am not apart of this scenario as he knows he is going to have to figure out how to get a 4-5 star hotel in tent for me to join them - anyhoo..... he has talked about taking his kids on camping trips since before they were in my womb. I knew we were around the corner from this event happening when he bought both of them sleeping bags - camping sleeping bags, not fuzzy action hero sleeping bags, but REAL sleeping bags, for their birthdays this year.

Well....today/tonight is the big event... tent, sleeping bags, hamburgers and hot dogs, flashlights and warm clothes... they are all set for the best night of their very young lives....







Even if it is only in the backyard.......
I am taking bets on what time they end up in my bed tonight......

No comments: